The fourth semester is entirely devoted to research, where students have the opportunity (but are not obliged) to move to a different partner university again. At the end of the fourth semester, students attend the summer school once again, where they will be awarded their degrees.
Research projects are typically carried out within the research groups of the associated partners’ Research Institutes or Faculties.
- For Groningen, check the research projects overview of the Centre for Ecological and Evolutionary Studies (CEES)
- For Uppsala, check the research page of the Evolutionary Biology Centre (EBC)
- For Munich, check the Faculty of Biology website for an overview of research groups and opportunities.
- For Montpellier, check the Research page for an overview of research institutes within the Université Montpellier 2.
- For Harvard, check the website of the Department of Organismic and Evolutionary Biology (OEB)