The following criteria will be applied to determine eligibility of a candidate for the MEME programme:
- candidates must have obtained a degree in Biology or a closely related field (or provide convincing proof that such a degree will be obtained before the start of the next academic year); this degree must be equivalent to or higher than a European Bachelor of Science (BSc) and meet the local requirements of all partners;
- candidates must have sufficient background in evolutionary biology or neighbouring disciplines (e.g. ecology or systematics);
- candidates must have belonged to the top students of their cohort during their BSc;
- candidates must have a strong motivation to pursue a scientific career;
- candidates must provide proof of sufficient proficiency in English.
For a more detailed account of the admission criteria, candidates should consult the MEME Study Guide.