The following criteria will be applied to determine eligibility of a candidate for the MEME programme:
- candidates must have obtained a degree in Biology or a closely related field (or provide convincing proof that such a degree will be obtained before the start of the next academic year);
- the degree must be equivalent to or higher than a European Bachelor of Science (BSc) and meet the local requirements of all partners, to see how your degree compares please have a look at the nuffic website (this is only an indication and does not guarantee all local requirements are met);
- candidates must have sufficient background in evolutionary biology or neighbouring disciplines (e.g. ecology, systematics, bioinformatics);
- candidates must have belonged to the top students of their cohort during their BSc;
- candidates must have a strong motivation to pursue a scientific career;
- candidates must provide proof of sufficient proficiency in English.
For a more detailed account of the admission criteria, candidates should consult the MEME Study Guide.