To apply for the MEME programme, all applicants must:
- Carefully read the MEME study guide
- Carefully read the admission criteria
- Prepare an electronic application package, containing the following documents in PDF format (for conventions on how to name the files, please see the Naming Conventions below):
- Letter of motivation (very important).
- An informative curriculum vitae.
- A copy of the first page of your valid passport.
- Copies of certified documents of academic credentials, including diploma and (if available) diploma supplements (including a certified translation if these documents are not in English, French or German). If you do not yet have a diploma, you must provide us with a copy of a certified document that convincingly proves that you will complete your BSc degree before the start of the following academic year.
- Certification of proficiency in English (please add a scan of the test results to the application package).
- Fill out the online Application form. Make sure that you receive a confirmation e-mail within 7 days (otherwise, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Send the MEME reference form to at least two (preferably three) qualified referees, and make sure that these referees send the completed reference form to meme*rug.nl, stating the name of the candidate in the subject line of the email. It is the candidate’s responsibility that all referee forms arrive before the deadline. Referees must personally send their completed reference forms to MEME – the candidate is not allowed to do this.
- Only complete applications will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates are welcome to add extra documents with additional relevant information (please see the section on Naming Conventions below).
- Please check that you sent all required documents. If certain documents are missing for valid reasons, please contact the MEME office (meme*rug.nl).
Please save all documents as single pdf files using the following file names (including the letters a, b, c, etc. in front of the name): b.Motivation.pdf, c.CV.pdf, d.Transcripts.pdf, e.English.pdf, f.Diploma.pdf, g.Passport.pdf. If you have any additional relevant documents (high school or secondary school certificates are not required!), please name them as z.Additional.pdf.
- If you have multiple files of the same type (i.e. transcripts), you should combine them in a single pdf file.
- We do accept word files (doc or docx) and jpg files, provided that the files are named according to the conventions above (for example: c.CV.doc or g.Passport.jpg).
- Do not forget to send the referees the reference form – the referees need to send the form back to MEME before the application deadline.