For the second semester, most students move to either Munich or Montpellier, where they can combine 15 EC coursework with 15 EC on a smaller research project. All courses are taught in English.
Courses in Montpellier
The second semester in Montpellier begins in the second week of February. Typically, MEME students first follow six 2.5 EC courses, which have been especially designed for the MEME programme.
- Advanced Population Genetics (2.5 EC)
- Advanced Statistics (2.5 EC)
- Genetic Data Analysis (2.5 EC)
- Hot Topics in Ecology (2 EC)
- Modeling in Ecology and Evolution (2.5 EC)
- Reading papers and seminars (2 EC)
- Evolutionary Applications (1 EC)
- Grant Proposal Writing (2,5 EC)
Courses in Munich
The second semester in Munich begins around mid-April. MEME students typically follow courses offered by the Evolution, Ecology and Systematics (EES) master’s programme. Here we only list some of the many courses that are available (see the EES website).
- Basic and Advanced Evolutionary Genomics (3 EC each)
- Evolutionary Ecology Modeling (3 EC)
- Experimental Behavioral Ecology (3 EC)
- Population Genetics (6 EC)
- Principles of Behavioral Ecology (3 EC)
- Statistics (3 EC)