To apply for the MEME programme, all applicants must:
- Carefully read the admission criteria
- Fill in the PDF application form (see link below). It is advisable to use Acrobat Reader to fill in the form.
- Prepare an electronic application package, containing the following documents in PDF format (for conventions on how to name the files, please see the Naming Conventions below):
- Completed PDF application form.
- Letter of motivation (very important).
- An informative curriculum vitae.
- A copy of the first page of your valid passport.
- Copies of certified documents of academic credentials, including diploma and (if available) diploma supplements (including a certified translation if these documents are not in English, French or German). If you do not yet have a diploma, you must provide us with a copy of a certified document that convincingly proves that you will complete your BSc degree before the start of the following academic year.
- Certification of proficiency in English (please add a scan of the test results to the application package).
- Send the complete application package to email@example.com. Make sure that you receive a confirmation e-mail within 7 days (otherwise, contact us again).
- Send the MEME reference form to at least two (preferably three) qualified referees, and make sure that these referees send the completed reference form to firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the name of the candidate in the subject line of the email. It is the candidate’s responsibility that all referee forms arrive before the deadline. Referees must personally send their completed reference forms to MEME – the candidate is not allowed to do this.
- Only complete application packages with completed application forms will be taken into consideration.
- Candidates are welcome to add extra documents with additional relevant information (please see the section on Naming Conventions below).
- Please check that you sent all required documents. If certain documents are missing for valid reasons, please contact the MEME office (email@example.com) and/or explain this on page 4 of the application form, also indicating when we can expect to receive the missing documents. When one or two documents are missing in an application package (without explanation), we will notify the candidate about this. However, only one notification will be sent: if a candidate does not respond to this email before the application deadline, the application will not be taken into consideration.
Please save the application form and all additional documents as single pdf files using the following file names (including the letters a, b, c, etc. in front of the name): a.Application.pdf, b.Motivation.pdf, c.CV.pdf, d.Transcripts.pdf, e.English.pdf, f.Diploma.pdf, g.Passport.pdf. If you have any additional relevant documents (high school or secondary school certificates are not required!), please name them as z.Additional.pdf.
- If you have multiple files of the same type (i.e. transcripts), you should either combine them in a single pdf file or number the file names (for example: d.Transcripts_1.pdf, d.Transcripts_2.pdf, etc.).
- We do accept word files (doc or docx) and jpg/gif files, provided that the files are named according to the conventions above (for example: c.CV.doc or g.Passport.jpg).
- We prefer to receive the application package as attachment of a single email. However, multiple emails are acceptable if this is not feasible.
- 4. Do not forget to send the referees the reference form – the referees need to send the form back to MEME before the application deadline.
- When sending the application package, please do not forget to:
- use a clear subject name for the email(s) – e.g.: Application MEME and your last name
- to mention your full name in all email(s)
- to attach all required documents to the email(s)