For the second semester, most students move to either Munich or Montpellier, where they continue their course work and carry out a small (15 ECTS) research project.
Courses in Munich
In Munich, the MEME programme is integrated into the EES master program. Students can choose from both the elective courses and the required (skills) courses that are available in the EES program. An example of courses that are offered regularly during the summer semester is given below. Please see the EES website for up-to-date information.
- Basic Evolutionary Genomics
- Advanced Evolutionary Genomics
- Ecophysiology / Experimental Plant Ecology
- Evolutionary Ecology Modeling
- Experimental Behavioral Ecology
- Marine Biology Seminar & Excursion
- Molecular Clock Dating in Biogeography – A Practical
- Mycology: Diversity and Evolution of Fungi
- Population Genetics
- Principles of Behavioral Ecology
- Soil Mycomicrobiology
- Aquatic Ecology
- Excursion & Statistics
- Seminar and Discussion 2: Global Change
- Skills Course 3: Posters and Layout
Courses in Montpellier
- Modelling in Ecology and Evolution
- Writing scientific papers in English and French as a foreign language
- Advanced Statistics
- Advanced Population Genetics
- Genetic Data Analysis
- Hot Topics in Ecology
Check here for more details of the Montpellier courses.
Research projects are typically carried out within the research groups of the associated partners’ Research Institutes or Faculties.