For the second semester the students move to either Munich or Montpellier, where they will continue their course work and start their first research project.
Courses in Munich
In Munich the MEME programme is integrated into the EESLMU Master program. Students can choose from both the elective courses and the required (skills) courses that are availablein the EESLMU program. The courses include the following, but check the courses overview on the EESLMU website for last-minute updates!
- Basic Evolutionary Genomics
- Advanced Evolutionary Genomics
- Ecophysiology / Experimental Plant Ecology
- Evolutionary Ecology Modeling
- Experimental Behavioral Ecology
- Marine Biology Seminar & Excursion
- Molecular Clock Dating in Biogeography – A Practical
- Mycology: Diversity and Evolution of Fungi
- Population Genetics
- Principles of Behavioral Ecology
- Soil Mycomicrobiology
- Aquatic Ecology
- Excursion & Statistics
- Seminar and Discussion 2: Global Change
- Skills Course 3: Posters and Layout
Courses in Montpellier
- Modelling in Ecology and Evolution
- Writing scientific papers in English and French as a foreign language
- Advanced Statistics
- Advanced Population Genetics
- Genetic Data Analysis
- Hot Topics in Ecology
Check here for more details of the Montpellier courses.
Research projects are typically carried out within the research groups of the associated partners’ Research Institutes or Faculties.